Wednesday 29 December 2010

Is Keira Knightly Anorexic?


British actress Keira Knightley on Tuesday denied rumors she was suffering from the eating disorder anorexia. Speaking a day after showing off her rail thin figure in a low-cut, backless bronze Gucci dress she wore at the London premiere of her latest film prompted questions about her weight, she added that she had a family history of the illness. "It was really weird, they said that to me yesterday," the 21-year-old told a news conference, referring to the premiere of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest" in which she stars alongside Johnny Depp.

Keira insists that she is not anorexic even though her family has a past with the deadly eating disorder. Last year Keira told the press, "I've got a lot of experience with anorexia, my grandmother and great-grandmother suffered from it, and I had a lot of friends at school who suffered from it. I know it's not something to be taken lightly and I don't." She also seemed startled when reporters asked her how it felt to be labeled an anorexic. "I had no idea that I was. I'm not saying there aren't people in the film industry that suffer from it, because I am sure that there are. But I'm quite sure I don't have it." It's this exact sort of denial that is commonplace with women who have the eating disorder.

No comments:

Post a Comment